A locally owned restaurant near me is sponsoring a Father’s Day contest: write a letter to your dad–150 words or less–sharing what makes him so great. Whether or not I win the free dinner for four, I thought this was a great opportunity to tell my dad how special he is. I have to admit, it’s not easy to fit into 150 words.
You may not know it, but I am one of your biggest fans. Sometimes we focus on the rough spots of life, the mistakes along the way. But there are so many things you did right. These are things I want you to always remember, just as I do. Here are a few:
- Reading stories before bed. Your voices still make me giggle!
- Me following you around asking questions
- Things we made together: the bird feeder & science fair project
- When you cut my bangs…too short, but I loved it anyway
- How you supported me (poems, quotes, being there)
Then and now:
- Working on the house together
- Travelling. I get up early to sneak some extra time with you
- Our talks. The wisdom of dad is something I always need.
I love you, dad.
Your little girl